Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

[Fullwidth]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Charity Knitting


So it's been a bit chilly here in Adelaide, so that makes for good knitting weather. So today I thought I would go off topic and share a bit about one of my hobbies. I'm currently doing some charity knitting for the homeless. I thought this would be a good way for me to use up some of my stash. I have a lot of yarn:-)

My charity knitting occurred by accident actually, someone in one of the Facebook groups I belong to posted about knitting for the homeless. They were saying that they were doing it in other states so why shouldn't we do it. That started the ball rolling and it has snow balled from there.

They were asking for yarn, knitted/crocheted blankets, jumpers, gloves and scarves. Any yarn they get will be knitted/crocheted into squares for blankets.
Stash yarn for a crocheted blanket
 So I have knitted several beanies, just plain ones and they are all made from wool yarn. I prefer using natural fibres when knitting, this of course is just my preference. 

Child's jumper front
Also a few years ago I purchased a bit of wool yarn to start a business on Etsy to sell handmade knitted children's garments. I soon realised that wasn't viable as I couldn't purchase yarn wholesale. So before I actually realised this I had started knitting children's garments. So I plan on donating them to the homeless but first I need to do the finishing touches, like sew them up and finish of the neck edgings. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.



Happy Knitting
Sharyn

QuickEdit
Sharyn Mathieson
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharyn, Your jumper looks beautiful. It's too bad you couldn't find the yarn wholesale for your Etsy shop. I buy wool on clearance at our local yarn shop and on line at Webs. Finding it at that price makes a big difference. How nice that you are knitting for charity. We make knitted knockers here for women with breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, just have to sew it all up and finish the neck. I've never done any breast cancer knitting myself but I think any knitting for others is a joy.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment today. I enjoy reading all your comments. All comments in English, please.

Comments containing links will be removed.

[name=Sharyn]

Follow @georgialoustudios