Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

[Fullwidth]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

My Current Work In Progress


Today I thought I would look at my current work in progress. It's a pair of socks I start making for my daughter but she wasn't happy with them so now they are going to my hubby. I was a bit surprise really that he said he would have them, I thought the colour would be too bright for him!


I've chosen a simple Garter Rib stitch for this pair of socks, I like to keep my sock stitches simple as it makes for easy sock knitting. The Garter Rib stitch pattern is made up of two rows: Row 1: K2, P2,
Row 2: Knit. How easy is that!

So I wanted to ask a quick question. Beginner sock knitters may not suffer from this but some seasoned sock knitters might. Do you suffer with second sock syndrome? I myself don't usually suffer with this problem but I have found with this pair I'am a bit. When this happens to you, what do you do? I myself try and just push through it and just knit, knit, knit. But with this pair it's not happening.


So if your a beginner sock knitter be warned this could happen to you, so be prepared. Also I always keep a note book with all my sock details in it. This way I can keep track and I know exactly where I'm at. I mark down every row I knit, so this way all my socks are always the same as each other. I sometimes found when I first started knitting socks that I couldn't quiet get the pairs to match. But now because I do it this way they are always a perfect pair. I have been doing it this way for a very LONG time. I have gone through a few note books!


 So here's hoping I can get back into finishing this pair of socks for my hubby and he will soon end up with a new pair of socks. Hopefully in the not too distant future I will be posting with an update on a finished pair of socks! Have a good weekend.

Happy Knitting
Sharyn




QuickEdit
Sharyn Mathieson
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment today. I enjoy reading all your comments. All comments in English, please.

Comments containing links will be removed.

[name=Sharyn]

Follow @georgialoustudios